Suncorp were looking to upgrade an existing application that was built in Flash/Flex and move over to a more user-friendly technology that would help to make updates easier and faster and fit within the BT policies and procedures.
Along with the technology change, there was also a need to add some new functionality and therefor there was a need to assess the existing application and see what the implications would on dependent systems and what additional functionality needed to be built.
- The initial omniEffect goal was to work through and set up a set of tasks, asses and analyses the existing application and clarify what aspects can be reused and what new development is needed.
- Set up meetings with all stakeholders and make sure omniEffect are following all the correct processes and procedures. Make sure all environments have been set up and testing has been scheduled to make sure deadlines are met.
- Set up task list
Suncorp works within an Agile process and capture all tasks within JIRA. Keep in line with their process we set up an instance in JIRA and planned out the application and broke it down into Agile tasks
- Implement Design
Once we receive final designs from the agency we cut up and implemented the look and feel (CSS).
- Development Implementation
Working through all the requirements and validation the front-end screens were coded and link up to the existing process to capture the fields needed for the application.
- Testing and Handover
Once development was complete omniEffect set up test cases and ran through numerous phases of testing. Once complete a full there was a full documentation handover and sign off with the client.
- Suncorp Insurance has successfully updated and implemented the new application for the Insurance Renewal Reminder Website within the required timeframe and within budget.
- This process has been put in place and been documented so that it can be replicated for future application development and upgrades.
- This project has been hailed a success within Suncorp, running over an extended timeframe with little to no impact on production business systems.
- Suncorp Insurance now has a stable process for developing and implementing new and upgrading existing applications.
Industry – Insurance
Locations – Australia, New Zealand
Employees – 10,001 – 50,000
Project Budget – >$50,000
Upgrade existing application from flash to more user-friendly website technology to make updates easier for the end users
We engaged OmniEffect to update a web application, working with our in-house BT team. I found them to be extremely effective in ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures were adhered to, whilst ensuring that the end product met the marketing objectives. Communication between all parties was regular and professional. They pro-actively managed stakeholders and ensured that all issues were resolved in a timely manner, many times without having to bring them to the attention of project stakeholders. omniEffect ensured that they understood what we wanted to achieve, how we would build the site to interact with our back-end systems and took the time to learn all aspects of previous iterations of the application.
I would happily work with them again and recommend their work.
– Chris Partridge, Marketing Advisor, Suncorp